Make the most of your summer in 2013 with New Irish Youth. It’s a great chance for young people from Year 8-13 to enjoy worship music, singing tuition, performances and learn more about God and the reasons why we worship.
In 2012 44 young people were part of a fantastic 5 day residential on the North Coast, made a CD, performed 2 concerts and had a great time. Today they feature as part of our Christmas Concerts in the Ulster Hall.
So what’s on offer?
• 5 day residential course from August 4-9 in Lorne House, Craigavad (superb facilities, 21 acre site,
great modern accommodation).
• Expert individual tuition and vocal workshops featuring special guests.
• Appearance in concerts in 2013 – venues to be confirmed.
• Learn about God in specialist teaching sessions.
• Choice of other activities on the residential which will be lots of fun.
• Be part of the big New Irish Choir and Orchestra Christmas Concerts in BELFAST WATERFRONT HALL on
Friday 6 December 2013.
How it works
1. Attend a FREE workshop.
Friday 12th April 2013, 7-8:30PM
Orangefield Presbyterian Church, Castlereagh Road, Belfast
The first part of the workshop lasts 1 hour and gives you a taster of New Irish Youth. At the end of the workshop we hold auditions straight away to decide who gets into the choir.
Sing a short song of your choice. It can literally be anything. Bring accompaniment with you if you can. Sing something you’ve just learned in the workshop.
Get an email a few days later telling you the result. If it’s a yes, you’ll get full details of the residential and your parents will be asked to pay a deposit of £50 to secure your place. Remaining payment is then due by end of June.
What is costs
The workshop and auditions are free. If you get into the choir, the residential costs £199. This covers...
• Group workshops
• Vocal Training
• All admin costs
• Participation in Youth Choir Concerts throughout 2013 plus the Waterfront concert in December 2013 with the full New Irish Choir and Orchestra
• Hoody and T-shirt
If 2 people from one family get into the choir, a reduction in fee will be applied.